IPNSIG Presents: Recent Firsts in DTN Research—a webinar presentation by Dr. Lara Suzuki (Google)
Date: December 10, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
Admission is free, but you must register for the event. An announcement will be going up soon on ipnsig.org with a link to the registration site.
Vint Cerf will introduce Dr. Suzuki and moderate a short question and answer session following the presentation.
IPNSIG member Dr. Lara Suzuki has been working on a number of firsts in Delay & Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN). These include:
- First time connecting multiple clouds via DTN
- First time connecting clouds and loT devices and microcontrollers using multiple protocol implementations (MOTT, uD3TN, ION)
- First time streaming video via multicasting over DTN
- First time using DTN with Kubernetes Engine Service
- First time performing federated queries over DTN on multiple clouds
Lara will be discussing the research above and also providing 14 Functioning Demos in a multi-cloud and multi-protocol environment. These demos include examples of AI and Machine Learning on multiple distributions of DTN.
In addition to obvious applications to space exploration, this work will also be foundational in scaling terrestrial implementations of DTN networks that will allow realistic testing of network management and network security functions.
Speaker and moderator bios will be published soon on ipnsig.org.